Spouse / Common Law Partner Open Work Permit (SOWP)
If your common-law partner or spouse is currently studying or working in Canada, you may be eligible for an open work permit. This Spousal work permit gives you the ability to come, stay and work for any employer in Canada.
An open work permit makes it much easier to find jobs in Canada as the employer now doesn’t need to provide you with an LMIA . The Spousal Open Work Permit is also a great pathway to Canadian Permanent Residency. It allows you to acquire valid work experience, which can then be used to gain extra points for the Permanent Residency Immigration Programs.
You can be eligible for a Spousal Open Work Permit if your spouse is:
Apart from these, there are some criteria that the potential Spousal work permit holder also has to fulfill
The applicant must:
The spousal open work permit can be applied from both inside and outside Canada, depending on your location.
Applying from outside Canada will also require you to obtain a visa to enter Canada as the work permit itself only allows you to stay and does not give you access to enter and re-enter alone.
What is the general processing time and cost for the Spousal open work permit application?
Processing Times
The processing times can generally take between 3-5 months but are subject to change. You can find the current processing times as per your application country here. This time does not include the time taken to complete the Biometrics; this added time would depend on which country you’re applying from and its facilities’ availability.
Applicants must pay a total of 255$ combining the application and the open work permit holder fee.
Contact Us
If You Have Any Question,
Feel Free to Call +1 604 503 0975